So last year I decided I would be corny AF and reflect on each year, its only the beginning of December but I thought what the heck, it’s a good time to write a post and reflect on the year that was 2016, read how 2015 was here.
This year has absolutely been crazy! I have learnt soo much about people and soo much about myself. I guess its all part of the process of growing up?
This year has been nothing that I expected, disappointed which I suppose is a good thing. Something I learnt this year is to never have expectations because disappointed. I have been incredibly lucky to meet and work with some amazing people this year, through styling.I have gained more confidence to go up to stores, models, designers and photographers and ask to work with them and I have even become friends with some of them, but everything can’t be perfect right, everything in balacnce. Unfortnatley in the process of expanding my styling portfolio, I have lost a few people in my life, which let me tell you sucks. It sucks losing someone you cared about because they don’t want to see you succeed. A number of times I have spent asking myself “Do I come across as braggy”, “Am I too involved in social media” or “am I horrible person” is a long time, much longer than I would like to admit.
They say time is the best healer and you know what it is. I was very upset when some of my best friends and collegues stopped talking or supporting me but it also made me stronger, sassier and gave me the maturity to not retaliate. Afteall it takes up too much enegery and I have photo shoots to focus on!
I think another thing that has helped me this year is confidence. Ever since having my gastric sleeve, I have become more confident but this year I really started feeling good about myself. Look I may have only lost 25 kilos, would still like to loose more but hey, I didnt pick up that 25 kg again and my eating has actually become even more healthier which is good and its always nice when youre friends tell you how much more confident i have grown in the past few years.
In summary of this year, i will carry on with the “Kardashian” tradition and do peaks and pits of this year…
- Meeting and working with soo many talented creatives and them telling me they love my work
- Having some of my styling work featured on agency websites
- Learning more about myself and knowing I am going closer to where I want to be
- Strengthing more friendships in the fashion industry
- Being featured on The Paper Cup Project created by someone I really respect
- Being compliment and acknowledged for working hard and being passionate about styling
- Getting out of my comfort zone even more
- Writing for a magazine in LA
- Still not meeting the Kardashians or Jenners
- Losing some close friends
- Realising sometimes people you support won’t support you back
- Not losing more weight
Apologies for the honesty, it’s just who I am 😛
Plans for 2017:
- Keep on working hard and following my dreams!
Thanks for reading my post and I hope you all have an amazing Christmas, Chanukkah and New year 🙂