Hi friends 🙂
so I am not too sure why but these past few months have been getting busier and busier for me and I am not complaining at all but I do apologise as that is the reason why I have not been so busy on my blog, but I am working on it… like now 🙂
Lets start off with last thursday… So last thursday I was invited to the opening of Mary Street Bakery’s latest newest cafe ( located in West Leederville) and I was super stoked because they are one of my favourite cafes in Perth and I am incredibly happy they are doing soo well because the coffee, food and service are always on point.
The night was very chilled which is what I loved, here are some snaps from the night:
How delish does that food look! I am actually craving it again… 🙂
After some munching and chatting, one of the 3 owners, gave a very humbling speech, which was the perfect end to the perfect night.
Onto the next event:
“Things That Bump in the night” an exhibition held by my idol, Stormie Mills.I still can’t believe I got invited to his exhibition, its like a massive thing for me, reason being because I have been such a fan of his work for years and years and now he knows who I am and I got invited to his event! Crazy!!!
The exhibition (His first one in 3 years) was held at a gallery in Northbridge, next to another one of my fave cafes, Boo Espresso.
When you first walked in, you were greeted by a lady in a gothic/vampish costume and you could see a whole lot of pumpkins displayed which really got people pumped for Halloween ( the next night).
here are some snaps of the night:
- The decor – how stunning ❤
- The moment Stormie and his beautiful wife, Melissa walked in, literally all eyes were on them, might I add Stormie was wearing a tophat which was even more awesome!
- I bumped into Legendary Nick Shepard from The Clash, has absolutley no idea who he was ( well I do but it didn’t click) and was talking about the aircon ( who even does that)
- Nick Shepard’s speech to Stormie and about Stormie’s pieces, Nick raised a really good point and it is one of the main reasons why I love Stormie’s work ( he didn’t say this word for word ). That every piece by Stormie is vulnerable and it is ok to show that you are vulnerable because soo many people put a wall up and try be strong but at the end of the day everyone is human and has flaws.
- Lastly, how kind and humble Stormie and his wife are, the first time I me Stormie he was incredibly kind and humble as the second time, which makes me admire him more, as he has accomplished SOOO much and still remains true to himself.
Hope you enjoyed this post
Have a great week