Hello lovely readers,
apologies for being kinda MIA these past two weeks, been super busy with studying and general life stuff,you know how it is.
Anyways hope you all have had a lovely week.I thought I would update you on some of my past work experience I have done, which you may or may not be interested in.
It all started last monday when I headed to Fremantle to help out my mentor Petra Vanessie with a photo shoot, it was the first photo shoot I have been to and defiantly not as glamorous as I thought, I honestly had no idea how much work went into the shoot.
My role for the day was the assist the photographer, which basically consisted of looking after his equipment while he went to get a car ticket, holding these large plastic things that made the lighting perfect. I was very unsure of what to do as it was something I had never done before but he was very patient and the pictures of the models turned out great so I guess I did something right.
Here are some snaps from the day:
Overall was a good day, to be honest, I was a bit upset because I thought I would be doing more styling then assisting the photographer but I guess you do have to start from the bottom and slowly make your way to the top. After all didn’t most famous people start that way?
The other event I helped out at was the ALBD launch styled by Ivanna Fontanna, my amazing friend Alisha told me about it and I can honestly not thank her enough, it was one of the best experiences ever.
The launch was held on Beaufort St (my second home) and I was vey scared and anxious because I had never done dressing of models before,thank goodness I had my friend there. This is the order of how things ran that night:
– I arrived there at 2, to make sure the shoes were ready and pack gift bags
– then ran some errands for designer Ange Lang
– Alisha and I went to grab a smoothie
– then came the stressful part, Ivanna decided on having a dress rehearsal, so there I was having a mini anxiety attack,(luckily my model was not only freaking gorgeous but also incredibly nice and patient , so that did calm me down a lot more) ,we had to dress the models in their clothing and make sure the jewellery was styled correctly, I messed up on both outfits with the jewellery but to be fair they were a bit tricky so Ivanna wasn’t to happy so while the models were getting hair and make up I made sure I knew exactly how to style to jewellery
– After the runway finished I was very happy because I knew I did a good job and learnt from my mistakes and now it was networking time
Not only did I learn some new skills, I also met some amazing people, my model Dylann Cranswick, another new model Pavlina Hatzopolous, nova presenter Abbey Gelmi, one of my favourite photographers Adam Nalapraya and ofoucrse the other amazing volunteers,
Here are some pics from the night:
Adam even reposted the picture of my on his instagram which I then made my facebook status because I was so proud but some of my friends thought it was lame that I did that, oh well YOLO is what I say 🙂
hope you enjoyed my post
x o x